|Location||Arlington, TX, Texas|
|Date Posted||June 24, 2021|
|Minimum Compensation in Local Currency||75,000|
|Hourly or Salary?||Salary|
The Department for Access and Discovery is a central service hub for acquisitions, metadata, resource delivery, and stacks management. The department head provides leadership for integration and innovation of intelligent workflow in these service areas and ensures excellent access and discovery services to the library community.
Essential duties include:
- Provides leadership, and coordinates with the AUL and Dean, in administering the University Libraries’ collections budget to proactively meet the needs of the University community.
- Supports budget sustainability and advances Open Access through collection acquisition and management strategies.
- Supervises and mentors a team of librarians and Library Specialists and facilitates excellent performance and professional development for staff.
- Leads departmental activities pertaining to organization, management, task assignment, and strategic planning.
- As a member of the University Libraries’ Department Heads and Directors leadership group, advocates for the libraries’ strategic imperatives, is a supportive colleague, and provides library-wide leadership and communication to stakeholders.
- Explores new and emerging technologies and workflows which will enhance library services and promote the mission of the UT Arlington Libraries.
- Develops and manages relationships with library vendors and related stakeholders.
- Coordinates with colleagues and stakeholders across the organization to prioritize access to unique library materials and 24/7 access to purchased and licensed content.
- Performs other duties as assigned.