|Date Posted||June 11, 2019|
Reed College seeks an innovative, forward-thinking, and service-oriented librarian to provide leadership and support in data management for research at Reed. In this position, you will collaborate with faculty, students, instructional technologists, and other staff to develop scalable and sustainable data support including research consultations, workshops, and course-integrated instruction.
This is a full-time, 12-month, exempt position reporting to the Director of Research Services. The starting salary for this position is $62,000-$64,000, depending on qualifications and experience.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are experienced in working with research data, including supporting the discovery, use, and management of locally created and externally available data.
- You are excited about making data findable, accessible, interoperable, and reusable.
- You are knowledgeable about developing research data management plans, familiar with the various funding agency requirements related to research data, and able to consult and provide guidance on such requirements.
- You have demonstrated experience with data curation best practices, including retrieval, preservation, and metadata standards.
- You enjoy using statistical analysis tools such as SPSS, Stata, or R.
- You have experience in teaching using instructional design, lesson planning, and assessment practices.
- You are committed to user-centered library services and excited to work with an active community of undergraduate scholars.
- You advocate for diversity with a commitment to fostering an accessible, equitable, and inclusive educational environment and workplace.
- You cultivate productive relationships and enjoy working in a collaborative environment.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Provide leadership in planning, support, and implementation of research data management and support data-intensive courses.
- Assist with creation and development of data management plans, especially for sciences.
- Support campus data skills by conducting training sessions on data management planning, data literacy, use of statistical and analytical tools.
- Serve as primary liaison to assigned subject areas and actively develop collaborative relationships with faculty and students in those departments.
- Create documentation and tutorials to assist students and faculty working with data.
- Participate in library efforts around digital scholarship, institutional repositories, and open access.
- Develop and deliver reference and instruction services; teach research tools and skills relevant to data curation and citation as well as liaison areas.
- Develop and manage electronic and print collections to support the research and teaching needs of the community.
- Engage with a dynamic community using both traditional research methods and emerging modes of scholarship and pedagogies.
- Collaboratively develop and participate in library outreach and engagement programs.
- Develop and maintain subject-based online research guides.
- ALA-accredited MLS/MLIS or relevant advanced degree and minimum of 1 year of professional library experience or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Experience managing research data, knowledge of data repositories, and associated metadata best practices.
- Excellent communication, teaching, writing and analytical skills.