|Published||January 17, 2023|
|Location||1080 Chapel Street, New Haven, CT|
|Cover Letter Requirements||Recommended|
|Education Requirements||Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, or the equivalent combination of experience & education. 2 years’ professional experience or internship|
|Minimum Compensation in Local Currency||$60,000|
|Maximum Compensation in Local Currency||$90,000|
|Hourly or Salary?||Salary|
The Data and Database Specialist position is in the department of Collections Information Access, and supports internal data driven projects by designing and implementing database procedures. It also supports the publication of collections descriptions to the Web. The Yale Center for British Art is an early adopter of innovative data and images techniques and the museum's online collections catalog (https://collections.britishart.yale.edu/) is a point of access to all the museum’s collections. The position holder assists with the ongoing use and maintenance of the museum's art collections management database, including database training and troubleshooting for staff and students.
The Data and Database Specialist will:
- Participate in the planning and implementation of data related activities necessary to the online publication of collections object records.
- Use SQL to assist in data management needs and bulk changes in the database.
- Manage the museum's day-to-day collection database training and troubleshooting needs.
- Use available software to create collections description and traffic reports to support the museum's various functions.
- Participate in regular cross-departmental working group meetings to address collections data issues and improve the online collections catalog.
- Assist with project management of data and online collections catalog work.
- Collaborate with YCBA IT Department on database upgrades and troubleshooting.
- Closely work with YCBA IT Department to acquire institutional knowledge of the technical infrastructure supporting collections description and digitization activities.
- Complete other tasks as appropriate.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, or the equivalent combination of experience & education. 2 years’ professional experience or internship
Advanced knowledge in database management, particularly relational databases (MicrosoftSQL and SQL based tools). Mastery of SQL. Experience with reporting tools, such as CrystalReports, SSRS, and Google Analytics.
For full description: https://bit.ly/YaleCareers-76340BR