Coordinator I, Special Programs – OER
|Published||May 25, 2023|
|Cover Letter Requirements||Required|
|Education Requirements||Bachelor’s degree|
|Minimum Compensation in Local Currency||$37,000|
|Maximum Compensation in Local Currency||$39,000|
|Hourly or Salary?||Salary|
The OER Coordinator supports the growth of the UTA Libraries’ open educational resources (OER) initiatives by managing faculty-led OER projects and coordinating the UTA CARES Grant program. This role also coordinates day-to-day operations of Mavs Open Press, including providing technical support and troubleshooting for open publishing software, maintaining accessibility standards for published content, and working with faculty to find student-focused solutions to open publishing questions. As an active member of the OER Department team, the OER Coordinator also assists with planning outreach activities and events to raise awareness about OER and leads workshops on open publishing topics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
OER Publishing Support
- Coordinate with faculty authors to develop project timelines for all OER projects and manage deadlines and deliverables.
- Collaborate with OER Department GRAs to follow departmental publishing workflows.
- Provide operational and technical support for faculty authors using open publishing software, including Pressbooks, H5P, and Hypothes.is.
- Ensure accessibility and consistency of OER published by Mavs Open Press by evaluating and remediating content as necessary.
- Provide regular project progress updates to the OER Department and other stakeholders.
- Lead workshops, trainings, and consultations on open publishing topics.
- Assist in planning departmental programs and events for internal and external audiences.
- Contribute to departmental data collection and assessments.
- Communicate about OER Department activities through the libraries’ websites, LibGuides, social media, and other platforms.
UTA CARES Grant Coordination
- Manage the twice-yearly grant application review process in collaboration with the UTA CARES Grant review team.
- Maintain grant records and documentation in accordance with departmental, university, and state policies.
- Assist GRAs in collecting, cleaning, and sharing project data for grant recipients.
- Coordinate communication with faculty about grant deadlines.
Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in publishing, computer science, business administration, or related degree.
- Experience providing professional administration and coordination of a program/project and/or editorial experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of web-based markup and scripting languages (e.g., HTML, CSS, or PERL).
- Experience in publishing and/or overseeing print or electronic communication.
- Experience using Pressbooks or WordPress, H5P, Canvas, or other open-source publishing and learning technologies.
- Knowledge of open publishing, open educational resources, and copyright issues related to open licenses.
- Knowledge of universal design and/or common accessibility barriers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Advanced project planning and management skills
- Ability to lead, cultivate, and empower staff
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work collegially and collaboratively with people of diverse backgrounds
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Advanced editing/proofreading skills in English
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, specifically Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Proficiency in Windows Operating System and file management.
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Ability to transfer and apply knowledge and experience to new situations
- Ability to follow through on projects
- Ability to analyze situations and make sound decisions
- Collaboration and coordination skills
- Ability to excel in a “perpetual beta” environment
Our future colleague will also have an affinity for our Guiding Principles. These principles define HOW we do our work. These are our Guiding Principles exemplified through how we treat our colleagues:
We Care. We care about you, your success, your growth, your passions and all that you bring to the table.
We Empower. We empower our staff to be creative, think outside the box, work autonomously, and provide resources necessary for success.
We Take Ownership. We take ownership of our organizational culture, and YOU take ownership of how our culture is shaped.
We Are Extraordinary. We are extraordinary because we attract and hire extraordinarily talented individuals like you!
APPLY NOW – We can’t wait to welcome you to our team.
Please submit applications at https://uta.peopleadmin.com/postings/23151
UTA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation. A criminal background check will be conducted on finalists. The UTA is a tobacco free campus.