|Published||May 23, 2022|
|Minimum Compensation in Local Currency||$26,820|
|Hourly or Salary?||Salary|
The FabLab Coordinator I facilitates the efficient operation and assessment of the UTA FabLab and the advancement of services to meet the needs of diverse FabLab learners. The Coordinator serves as a proactive ambassador for the Libraries and University providing extraordinary customer experiences for the UTA community, guests, partners, and colleagues within a dynamic, high-volume, 24/7 environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with FabLab leadership team to hire, train, and supervise student employees within the department.
- Maintains personnel paperwork related to student employees.
- Oversees effective scheduling of student employees throughout each semester, including training, outreach, and shop room calendars.
- Coordinates, develops, and oversees tours and tabling events to promote the FabLab.
- Oversees lab operations including (i.e. access, external memberships, creating billing invoices, order and maintain supply inventory, tool lending, safety compliance, etc.) and documentation for the lab.
- Evaluates statistics and reports to make data-driven decisions for the continual improvement of the lab.
- Serves as a backup for student employees to ensure adequate staffing of the space.
- Engages in cross-departmental strategic, communication and functional task forces within University Libraries.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Two (2) years related experience.
- Master’s Degree in a STEAM Three (3) years of related experience with one (1) year of supervisory experience. One (1) year of experience managing and/or working in a makerspace or digital fabrication lab.
- Experience with three (3) or more of the following fabrication technologies: 3D Printing, 3D Scanning, Laser Cutting, CNCRouting, Plasma Cutting, Electronics, Textiles, Machine Shop Equipment. Experience working with CAD to CAM
- Previous teaching experience, demonstrating the use of multiple teaching methodologies.
- Experience with current and emerging technologies and their applications in academic libraries and how knowledge of how they apply across disciplines.
- Experience designing instructional/informational materials, both in print and online.
- Experience with outreach and marketing services to students and faculty.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to use creativity to design instructional/informational materials, both in print and online
- Ability to foster a positive working environment and model the Libraries’ values through daily actions and behaviors
- Ability to innovatively use technology and evidence-based decision-making practices to develop and implement best practices to improve the user experience
- Effective leadership skills
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to work collegially and collaboratively with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Advanced customer experience skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, including excellent interpersonal skills as well as
verbal and written skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Ability to transfer and apply knowledge and experience to new situations
- Ability to follow through on projects
- Ability to analyze situations and make sound decisions
- Ability to excel in a “perpetual beta” environment, with frequent change and intelligent risk-taking
Our future colleague will also have an affinity for our Guiding Principles. These principles define HOW we do our work. These are our Guiding Principles exemplified through how we treat our colleagues:
We Care. We care about you, your success, your growth, your passions and all that you bring to the table.
We Empower. We empower our staff to be creative, think outside the box, work autonomously, and provide resources necessary for success.
We Take Ownership. We take ownership of our organizational culture and YOU take ownership of how our culture is shaped.
We Are Extraordinary. We are extraordinary because we attract and hire extraordinarily talented individuals like you!
APPLY NOW – We can’t wait to welcome you to our team.
Please submit applications at https://uta.peopleadmin.com/postings/17522
UTA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation. A criminal background check will be conducted on finalists. The UTA is a tobacco free campus.