|Location||1015 Volunteer Blvd, Knoxville, TN 37996, TN|
|Date Posted||October 1, 2018|
THE UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE LIBRARIES
Position Title: Collection Strategist
Appointment Rank: Assistant Professor, Tenure Track Faculty
Department: Assessment Programs and Collection Strategy
Reports To: Head, Assessment Programs and Collection Strategy
Salary: Minimum $52,000
Available: January 1, 2019
The Collection Strategist plays a key role in developing and implementing a holistic collection development strategy, ensuring the continuing excellence of the world-class collection at the heart of UT Libraries’ mission. This position reports to the Head of Assessment Programs and Collection Strategy, and has the support of a small, dynamic team in this department. The Collection Strategist provides matrix leadership throughout the organization, working closely with subject librarians, personnel in other Library departments, and with partners on campus and elsewhere, providing strong leadership and strategic focus in developing and managing outstanding collections.
- MLS from an ALA-accredited institution.
- Experience with library collection development and management.
- Experience managing complex projects and leading project-oriented teams.
- Knowledge of current, evolving, and innovative models of collection development and scholarly communication.
- Strong data analysis skills and proven experience gathering, assessing, and interpreting data.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment accompanied by a creative, flexible, and problem-solving attitude.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills to establish and maintain close, productive working relationships with colleagues and Library constituencies.
- Commitment to scholarship, service, and professional development.
Additional information about this position and the UT community is available at https://www.lib.utk.edu/employ/collections_strategist
A background check and official transcripts are required prior to hiring. In order to be considered for candidacy, you must submit a cover letter addressing the above qualifications, a current resume or CV, and the names, addresses, e-mail addresses, and telephone numbers of three recent references to: Elizabeth Greene, Manager, Library Dean’s Office and Human Resources, 1015 Volunteer Blvd., Knoxville, TN 37996-1000. Application materials may be sent via email attachment to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin October 22, 2018, and will continue until the position is filled.
The University of Tennessee is an EEO/AA/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment and admission without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, and parental status.