|Published||August 31, 2022|
|Location||1601 NW 10th Ave, Miami, Florida|
|Education Requirements||Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited library science program or ALA-approved foreign equivalent.|
|Minimum Compensation in Local Currency||MIN $70,000|
|Hourly or Salary?||Salary|
Clinical Research Librarian;
Learning, Research, and Clinical Information Services (LRCIS)
The University of Miami (UM) Libraries seeks nominations and applications for a creative, innovative professional to serve as the Clinical Research Librarian of the Department of Learning, Research, and Clinical Information Services (LRCIS) on UM’s Medical Campus. Under the direction of the Department Head for LRCIS, the Clinical Research Librarian works as part of a team of librarians whose expertise and knowledge base support educational, clinical, research, and administrative activities at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine (UMMSoM). The LRCIS department primarily supports the clinical, data, and research services needs of UMMSoM students, faculty, staff, residents, and primary teaching hospital personnel. This department also provides selected services in support of unaffiliated health care professionals, librarians, and the public.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
Research and Clinical Information Support
- Collaborate with researchers on all aspects of systematic reviews.
- Conduct in-depth instruction on expert searching, systematic reviews, practice guidelines, and evidence synthesis in collaboration with colleagues across the University of Miami libraries and campuses.
- Initiate and participate in research and scholarly activities as well as other library projects that directly inform clinical practice or support new and ongoing funded research.
- Work with the Miller School’s Graduate Medical Education program to increase resident physicians’ awareness of library electronic resources, provide enhanced information management services, and assist in the development of interdisciplinary research collaborations across the University and Jackson Health Systems.
- Provide consultations with graduate students, residents, faculty, and researchers on individual or group research projects.
- Train library patrons on use of electronic resources and citation management tools such as MEDLINE/PubMed, Embase, Scopus, CINAHL, EndNote, RefWorks, Mendeley, Zotero, and Covidence.
Medical Education Support
- Provide professional research and reference services to all Medical Campus students.
- Create instructional materials in multiple formats (videos, online tutorials, LibGuides/Resource Guides, Blackboard classes, etc.) for use by students and faculty.
- Participate in the Personal Librarian Program (PLP) for medical students to customize library services and resources, providing a single point of contact for these services.
- Develop and conduct seminars/classes for students, faculty, and staff on the use of biomedical clinical research services and resources.
- Possess demonstrated experience teaching and using biomedical clinical resources and instructional technologies in support of medical students.
- Collaborate with faculty and library staff to plan, deliver, and assess library and instructional services.
Other duties include:
- Conduct research, write for publication, deliver presentations, and author grants as appropriate for librarian faculty status.
- Serve on library, campus, University of Miami, regional, and national professional committees.
- Assist in department and library activities.
- Foster positive working relationships.
- Promote library services and resources.
- Perform other duties as assigned or as the situation necessitates within the scope of the position classification.