|Published||October 14, 2022|
|Education Requirements||Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college; or any combination of relevant education, training, or experience sufficient to perform the essential duties of the job.|
|Minimum Compensation in Local Currency||$18.00 / hour|
|Maximum Compensation in Local Currency||$21.00 / hour|
|Hourly or Salary?||Salary|
The University of Virginia Library invites applications for a Circulation Support Coordinator to support the Information Services and Spaces team. The Information Services and Spaces (ISS) team provides our patrons with access to collections, resources, and spaces as well as high-quality service to support them. This detail-oriented position will split their time between two library functions. Fifty percent of the time will be spent supporting Circulation functions across numerous University of Virginia Library branches with the Circulation Manager. The remaining fifty percent of the time will be spent supporting customer service support and care at service desks. This position reports to the Assistant Director for Operations, ISS.
The Circulation Support Coordinator will work an alternate work schedule from Tuesday through Saturday during regular business hours.
- System-wide coordination with the Student Information System (SIS), charging and forgiving fines for lost, missing, and late materials for ‘barred’ users, issuing credits, updating user’s VIRGO records as well as VIRGO bibliographic records.
- Support and coordinate with Circulation Manager to update records and process requests. Suspend user privileges as necessary. Occasional patron database clean-up
- Prompt, tactful, and courteous communication with library users and other University departments. Answer patron emails / form submissions: creating & updating accounts, renewing books, removing holds, assigning tickets to appropriate libraries/staff, answering questions, billing for lost books.
- Help create a welcoming, informative environment for library patrons at the Clemons Library main Desk by assisting patrons with Circulation assistance like checking out, discharging, and renewing library materials as well as helping patrons find the information they need to pursue their research.
- Make effective use of the library’s information resources, including the VIRGO catalog, databases, research guides, and advanced internet searches to assist patrons in answering reference questions. Refer patrons to specialist Librarians when appropriate.
- Assist patrons in successfully navigating the Library's physical spaces as well as its services and policies.
- Assist in maintaining the appearance of the library, keeping it neat and orderly.
- Assist with general library duties as required. Special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college; or any combination of relevant education, training, or experience sufficient to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Demonstrated experience with data entry, information retrieval, records management, and report generation.
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft Office tools. Strong expertise in Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing in a clear manner.
- Must be able to provide service to library patrons (in person, via telephone, and in writing) in a courteous, efficient manner.
- A working understanding of library classification systems, like the Library of Congress Classification System.
- Experience editing HTML code.
- Ability to perform complicated series of tasks.
- Ability to work with people from a variety of backgrounds to provide good public service to library patrons.
- Experience using library catalogs and databases.
- Experience using integrated library systems and other library technology.
- Ability to push a full book cart and lift 15 pounds.
We are interested in reviewing candidates with a broad range and combination of experiences, education, and qualifications. The UVA Library supports career development and provides opportunities for both formal and informal training as part of professional development. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and dynamic workplace, so if you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every desired qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
Anticipated hiring range: $18.00 - $21.00 / hour
How to Apply:
Read more about the position and apply online here: https://www.myworkday.com/uva/d/inst/15$158872/9925$85758.htmld