|Published||August 24, 2022|
|Minimum Compensation in Local Currency||$43919|
|Maximum Compensation in Local Currency||$66183|
|Hourly or Salary?||Salary|
Business & Research Support Services Librarian
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn's vaccine requirements and the use of Penn Open Pass, visit the https://coronavirus.upenn.edu/ for the latest information.
Posted Job Title
Business & Research Support Services Librarian
Job Profile Title
Job Description Summary
The Business & Research Support Services Librarian manages Lippincott Library's research support services, a high touch operation which provides a critical link between the library and the faculty and scholars of the Wharton School. This service moves beyond standard document delivery, assisting faculty and researchers in transforming information into research-ready formats and providing expert advice on content and research management. This position works collaboratively with the other Lippincott librarians to design and deliver research and instructional services, as well as partnering with colleagues across the Penn Libraries system to develop services that support academic engagement across campus. This position conducts research consultations; offers course-integrated instruction and workshops; supports the discovery, use, and management of text and data; raises awareness of resources and services; and creates and maintains research guides and other research support tools including Lippincott's flagship Business FAQ.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provide leadership in planning, implementing, and promoting resource delivery, content and data management and other research support services to meet the needs of Wharton students, faculty and staff.
• Collaborate with departments across the Penn Libraries to develop innovative research support services Evaluate and recommend new technologies and services to improve processes and workflows and actively assist in implementation.
• Develop and grow liaison relationships with several of the Wharton School's academic departments and research centers or constituent groups to support teaching, learning and research activities.
• Work collaboratively with a team of librarians to deliver business information support services across all phases of research, teaching and learning using a range of technologies.
• Create and maintain guides to information resources and other digital learning objects and maintain and improve knowledge base of frequently asked questions.
• Establish, design and teach specialized classes and workshops.
• Represent Lippincott Library in library-wide and Wharton School working groups and committees, as well as appropriate professional organizations.
• Participates in general Penn Libraries research consultation and chat reference service and in other Penn Libraries-wide initiatives such as the Critical Writing Program.
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
• Master's degree or equivalent graduate education in library or information science/management.
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and to manage projects.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
• Ability to establish effective relationships with diverse constituencies and to promote teamwork, diversity, equity and inclusion.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• 2-3 years experience in a business-focused library or information service.
• Coursework, advanced training or degree in business, statistics, economics or a related subject.
• Experience conducting library presentations or teaching in an academic environment.
• Supervisory experience.
• Knowledge of citation management or research organization tools.
• Familiarity with data analysis (text, numeric, etc.).
• Experience with a statistical or general-purpose programming language (R, Python, etc.).
A Cover Letter and Resume/CV are required to be considered for this position. Please upload your Cover Letter where it asks you to upload your Resume/CV; multiple documents are allowed.
Budgeted Pay Range:
$60,000 -- $69,000 commensurate with education and experience.
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
$43,919.00 - $66,183.00
Salary offers are made based on the candidate's qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, as well as internal and market factors and grade profile.
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
• Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
• Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
• Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
• Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
• Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
• Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
• Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
• University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
• Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
• Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
• Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
• Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3382981
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.