|Location||San Diego, CA|
|Date Posted||November 21, 2018|
Filing Deadline: Mon 12/10/2018
UC San Diego Library is pleased to announce the open recruitment of an Audio and Video Specialist!
Under the general guidance of the Director, Digital Library Development Program (DLDP) and under the supervision of the Media Librarian, the individual will serve as the audio / video (AV) lead for project management for all digital reformatting projects that include AV content. Responsible for the development, maintenance, and operation of the audio and video studios. Produces professional-quality archival sound and moving image recordings for the Library and performs format migration on audio and video materials for access and archival purposes. Supplies metadata in accepted bibliographic formats and standards. Transforms, edits, and encodes media content in support of the Library's Digital Media Reserves (DMR) services. Evaluates, researches, recommends, and consults on audio and video related multi-media, manufacturers, and vendors for the DLDP. Serves as the AV technical liaison for the DLDP to other Library Programs, units on campus, and other UC campuses as needed.
- Strong knowledge of current and legacy professional audio and video equipment design and operation including: digital audio workstations & software, mixing consoles, tape decks, turntables, signal routers, digital audio interfaces, signal processors, noise reduction hardware and software, CD & DVD recorders, betamax, u-matic and VHS players and recorders, studio monitors, tape and disc duplicators.
- Strong knowledge of legacy, contemporary, and future media preservation and storage technologies, applications and practices including the following media: LP, 45, and 78 rpm records, reel-to-reel and cassette tapes, CD, DVD, and multiple format digital audio computer soundfiles.
- Thorough knowledge of video post production equipment, including decks, video / audio routers and matrix switchers, analog to digital conversion hardware and software, audio and video effects, signal analysis vectorscope and waveform monitors.
- In depth knowledge of key post production software packages including Adobe Premier Pro, After Effects, Encore, Audition and Photoshop, Cleaner Pro, and Apple Quick Time web publication, etc.
- Strong knowledge of computer systems hardware and software operations including: digital audio and video recording, editing, signal processing, encoding, media production, streaming media, network / Internet operations, and data storage.