|Date Posted||April 15, 2019|
This is an exciting time to join the Wesleyan Library. With a new University Librarian as of 2018, strong support from the University, and staff eager for change, the new Associate University Librarian for Academic Services will have opportunities to make a significant impact on the academic life of students and faculty.
Reporting to the Caleb T. Winchester University Librarian, the Associate University Librarian for Academic Services (AULAC) leads and empowers a team of librarians and staff in support of undergraduate and graduate teaching, learning, and research.
As a member of the management team the AULAC has direct supervision over Research Services, Music Library & World Music Archives, Art Library & Visual Resources Collection.
- Providing strategic and collaborative leadership on library-wide issues.
- Providing research support and instruction across the curriculum.
- Providing liaison support for multiple departments.
- Serving on library and campus committees.
- Developing and implementing innovative and transformative research and instruction support models.
- Developing and implementing a collaborative vision, strategy, and tactics for digital scholarship and scholarly communication (including OA and OER).
- Working creatively and effectively in promoting teamwork, diversity, equality, and inclusiveness within the Wesleyan Library and across the institution.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master degree in library/information science or a related subject and at least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in libraries or an equivalent combination of education training and experience
- Demonstrated leadership, planning, communication, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with faculty.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the ways in which pedagogical innovations, technology, and scholarly information are impacting library services, collections, and physical spaces.
- Understanding of pedagogical methods and learning outcomes and assessment in support of teaching and learning.
- Demonstrated commitment to work within a diverse environment and interact openly with individuals of different backgrounds.
- Demonstrated record of inspiring, supporting, and managing a high-performance team that is responsive, innovative, collaborative, and efficient.
- Familiarity with a broad range of teaching and research methodologies and practices.
- Experience with designing, delivering, and evaluating academic support services.
- Experience leading organizational change and the ability to inspire innovation.
- Experience building successful internal and external relationships.
- Advanced academic degree.