|Location||Raleigh, North Carolina|
|Date Posted||August 6, 2021|
|Minimum Compensation in Local Currency||$83,000|
|Hourly or Salary?||Salary|
The NC State University Libraries invites applications and nominations for the position of Associate Head, Digital Library Initiatives. The Digital Library Initiatives (DLI) department applies systems analysis, design, and service and software development skills to the creation of a broad range of new library products and services. DLI has produced a number of unique, and widely used, open source systems to improve service to library users, including the Suma space assessment toolkit, the QuickSearch bento-box style single-search system, and the Circa request management system for archives. The department is currently developing new initiatives in areas including the discovery of library services and resources, research infrastructure support, digital collections, researcher profiles and identifiers, machine learning, assessment and analytics, and research data management. DLI maintains a culture of collaboration, with a focus on supporting everyone’s professional growth, providing opportunities for mentorship, and welcoming diverse perspectives. The Associate Head leads teams that advance library services through applied research and application development and oversees and manages the entire lifecycle of projects, from requirements gathering to deployment. This position reports to the Department Head, Digital Library Initiatives.
- Shares management responsibility for the department; supervises librarians, staff, and student workers; represents the department in the absence of the Head.
- Leads the evaluation of opportunities to develop new digital services.
- Leads teams in the planning, development, and implementation of technical solutions.
- Oversees the professional development of technical staff.
- Participates in library planning, serves on library-wide committees, task forces, and teams.
- NC State University librarians are expected to be active professionally and to contribute to developments in the field.
Review of applications is underway; position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. The Libraries will be flexible during this time and will conduct most or all of this search remotely.
See vacancy announcement with application instructions at https://www.lib.ncsu.edu/jobs/ehra/ahdli.
AA/OEO. NC State welcomes all persons without regard to sexual orientation or genetic information. For ADA accommodations, please call (919) 515-3148.