|Published||May 25, 2022|
|Education Requirements||ALA-accredited MLS, MLIS, or equivalent. (May/June 2022 graduates are encouraged to apply.)|
|Minimum Compensation in Local Currency||54000|
|Hourly or Salary?||Salary|
University of Wyoming Libraries seeks an Innovative and Immersive Technologies Librarian. This position works directly with faculty, staff, and students to incorporate audio, video, visualization, and immersive technologies into research and coursework.
The Innovative and Immersive Technologies Librarian oversees the learning labs/studios for audio, video, design, and immersive technologies at the UW Libraries. The Innovative and Immersive Technologies Librarian provides outreach to University of Wyoming faculty to incorporate audio and video creation and immersive technologies into courses. This position oversees Studio Coe, a unit within UW Libraries User Services division, which provides hardware, software, instruction, and support for audio, video, and virtual reality creation. This position also assists with planning and implementation of Studio Coe’s technology and service initiatives.
This position reports to the Assistant Dean of the User Services Division.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise staff in learning labs/studios for audio, video, design, and immersive technologies. Assist library users in labs. Assess use of lab software and hardware. Work with marketing staff to promote workshops and use of studios.
- Monitor trends in creative and immersive technologies and make recommendations to library leadership for implementation in learning spaces. Work with library administration to plan and bring new technologies, equipment, and services online.
- Partner with teaching faculty to develop assignments that incorporate creative technologies; plan and lead library instruction and workshops utilizing creative technologies. Work with Studio Coe staff to coordinate and assess staff-led workshops.
- Collaborate with the Libraries Digital Scholarship Center to assist users with creating graphics, interactive presentations, audio, or video content for data visualization, display, or presentation. Identify and pursue collaboration opportunities with other departments within UW Libraries.
- Coordinate with colleagues on improving library navigation and experience through digital signage, virtual or augmented reality, and other emerging technologies. Plan and implement systems to promote and display faculty and student research and creative works.
- Represent the division and University Libraries on committees/workgroups throughout the UW campus and Laramie community. Build and maintain relationships with leaders of other innovative, immersive, or interactive spaces on campus. Plan and implement outreach to promote Libraries’ learning spaces and technology initiatives to the UW Community.
As a member of the library faculty, the successful candidate is expected to pursue an active and ongoing program of research, service, and professional development. (https://www.uwyo.edu/regs-policies/_files/docs/regulations-2020/uw_reg_2-1_approved_10-14-20.pdf ).
UW Libraries is committed to building a culturally diverse workplace and strongly encourages applications from minority candidates, candidates with disabilities, and those with experience working in a multicultural environment. Diversity resources for the University of Wyoming and the community of Laramie can be found at http://www.uwyo.edu/diversity/resources/. For more information on UW Libraries, please visit http://uwyo.edu/libraries
REMOTE WORK ELIGIBILITY:
This position provides vital support to campus customers and requires the successful candidate be available to work on campus.
Please address all minimum qualifications in your application materials.
- ALA-accredited MLS, MLIS, or equivalent. (May/June 2022 graduates are encouraged to apply.)
- Experience with one or more of the following: virtual and augmented reality software and hardware, audio or video creation software and hardware, or graphic design software.
- Experience assisting novices with technology in a classroom or lab setting
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
- Enthusiasm for learning new technologies
*UW Libraries is committed to providing professional development funding and time to allow a candidate who meets the minimum qualifications to acquire skills and grow into positions.
- Experience developing virtual or augmented reality content
- Knowledge of educational applications of immersive technologies
- Project management experience
- Experience evaluating and implementing emerging technologies in a public or academic library environment
- Experience creating or teaching workshops or courses in virtual/augmented reality, audio or video creation, or graphic design.
Complete the online application and upload the following for a complete application: cover letter, resume or C.V. and contact information for four work-related references. This position will remain open until filled. Complete applications received by 06/26/2022 will receive full consideration.
Incomplete application packets may not be considered - please be sure to include all the noted required materials while applying!
UW is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position, please call 307-766-2377 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Wyoming is located in Laramie, a town of 30,000 in the heart of the Rocky Mountain West. The state of Wyoming continues to invest in its university, helping to make it a leader in academics, research and outreach. The university has state-of-the-art facilities in many areas and the community provides the advantages of a major university.
Located in a high mountain valley near the Colorado border, Laramie offers both outstanding recreational opportunities and close proximity to Colorado’s Front Range, a bustling group of metropolitan cities including Denver, Boulder, and Fort Collins. This beautiful mountain landscape offers outdoor enjoyment in all seasons, with over 300 days of sunshine annually. For more information about the region, please visit http://visitlaramie.org/