|Published||October 27, 2023|
|Cover Letter Requirements||Required|
|Education Requirements||MLIS or equivalent from an ALA-accredited institution|
|Minimum Compensation in Local Currency||55200|
|Hourly or Salary?||Salary|
Assistant Librarian - Graduate Research & Engagement Librarian
The University of Wyoming Libraries invites applications for a Graduate Research & Engagement Librarian in the Research & Instruction Department. This librarian will serve as the Libraries’ liaison to the School of Graduate Education and social science or STEM subject areas to be determined. This role includes developing a clear understanding of the teaching, research, and scholarly communication practices in liaison areas; providing research consultation and instructional support as needed; and engaging with and communicating with liaison units on behalf of the Libraries.
As a member of the Research & Instruction department, the incumbent will contribute to departmental projects and collaborate with colleagues across the Libraries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as liaison librarian for departments to be determined by incumbent's background and department needs
- Maintain awareness of the university’s graduate programs
- Coordinate Research & Instruction workshop series
- Design and execute research workshops and/or engagement activities for a graduate student audience
- Support thesis and dissertation research and publishing
- Participate in open access initiatives including the Libraries Open Educational Resources program
- Participate in library instructional initiatives and research help services as a member of the Research & Instruction team
- Develop learning resources such as research guides, instructional video and online tutorials to support asynchronous learning
This position reports to the chair of Research & Instruction.
As a member of the library faculty, the successful candidate is expected to pursue an active and ongoing program of research, service, and professional development. (https://www.uwyo.edu/regs-policies/_files/docs/regulations-2020/uw-reg-2-1-approved-10-14-20.pdf).
UW Libraries is committed to building a culturally diverse workplace and strongly encourages applications from minority candidates, candidates with disabilities, and those with experience working in a multicultural environment. Diversity resources for the University of Wyoming and the community of Laramie can be found at http://www.uwyo.edu/diversity/resources/. For more information on UW Libraries, please visit http://uwyo.edu/libraries
REMOTE WORK ELIGIBILITY:
This position provides vital support to campus customers and requires the successful candidate be available to work on campus.
Please address all minimum qualifications in your application materials.
- ALA-accredited MLIS, MIS, or equivalent by start date (December 2023 graduates are encouraged to apply)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of approaches that promote diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility within a complex organization and the desire to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds to create inclusive environments
- Experience supporting faculty and students with scholarly consultation services
- Experience providing instruction and/or workshops to faculty, students, and staff in an academic setting
- Knowledge of information literacy principles and applications of the Framework for Information Literacy in Higher Education
- Demonstrated understanding of scholarly communication issues relevant to graduate researchers
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in a social science or STEM discipline
- Knowledge of social science research methods and scholarly communication practices
- Working experience with and/or teaching one or more of the following: statistical analysis, data visualization, GIS
- Demonstrated research interest and scholarly activity in the field of librarianship
*UW Libraries is committed to providing professional development funding and time to allow qualified candidates to acquire skills and grow into positions.
Complete the online application and upload the following for a complete application: cover letter, resume or C.V. and contact information for four work-related references. This position will remain open until filled. Complete applications received by 11/26/2023 will receive full consideration.
UW is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position, please call 307-766-2377 or email email@example.com.
The University of Wyoming is located in Laramie, a town of 30,000 in the heart of the Rocky Mountain West. The state of Wyoming continues to invest in its university, helping to make it a leader in academics, research and outreach. The university has state-of-the-art facilities in many areas and the community provides the advantages of a major university.
Located in a high mountain valley near the Colorado border, Laramie offers both outstanding recreational opportunities and close proximity to Colorado’s Front Range, a bustling group of metropolitan cities including Denver, Boulder, and Fort Collins. This beautiful mountain landscape offers outdoor enjoyment in all seasons, with over 300 days of sunshine annually. For more information about the region, please visit http://visitlaramie.org.