|Date Posted||March 1, 2019|
Public or Governmental
- ALA-accredited MLS, MIS, or equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with librarians and faculty from multiple disciplines
- Demonstrated knowledge of the research data lifecycle and research processes
- Experience with Dspace digital repository platform or similar systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of metadata standards (such as DataCite, Dublin Core, MODs, RDF, MARC XML)
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital conversion, file transfer and management, and preservation of archiving data
- Experience working in informatics, scientific research or managing research data
- Demonstrated success with project management, leading project groups/teams, and bringing diverse stakeholders together
- Experience working with datasets, including data management, curation and retrieval
- Experience with scripting & programming languages (such as PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby, XSLT, etc.)
- Working knowledge of the data management practices and requirements of researchers and external funding bodies (NSF, NIH, etc.)
- Familiarity with aspects of copyright and licensing relating to the the deposit, discoverability, sharing and reuse of research data
- Familiarity with institutional or subject based data repository systems and tools
- Demonstrated research interest and scholarly activity in the field
- Masters degree in a data intensive research field
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
Complete the online application and upload the following for a complete application: cover letter, resume or C.V. and contact information for four work-related references.
UW is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position, please call 307-766-2377 or firstname.lastname@example.org.