|Published||October 3, 2023|
|Cover Letter Requirements||Required|
|Minimum Compensation in Local Currency||$63,000|
|Hourly or Salary?||Salary|
Institution Name: University of Texas at Arlington Libraries
Libraries Website Link: https://libraries.uta.edu/
Internal Job Posting No: S04869P
Benefits at UTA: We are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to all our employees at the University.
To help you understand the full value of these benefits, we have created a tool that calculates the total worth of your compensation package. This tool takes into account all of the benefits that you are eligible for, including health insurance, retirement plans, and paid time off. To access this tool and learn more about the total value of your benefits, please click on the following link:
The Application Administrator would be responsible for implementing, managing, and integrating applications on the Libraries’ servers. They would also be responsible for collecting and preserving the data generated by Libraries’ applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer and oversee server-based applications.
- Develop and maintain application integrations through API utilization and custom programming.
- Store and safeguard application-generated data.
- Present data and provide analysis to the Director of Assessment.
- Conduct self-guided study of current and emerging technologies.
- Participate in Library Systems & Technology Department activities pertaining to organization, management, task assignment, and strategic planning.
- Performs other duties assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field of study
- Three years of experience administering applications in a Linux environment
- Proficiency in developing application integrations through the utilization of APIs
- Knowledge of PHP, Perl, Python, SQL, JSON
- Master’s degree in an appropriate field of study
- Experience with the Alma Library Services platform
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and Azure virtual environments
- Knowledge of library applications such as Avalon, Coral ERM, Drupal, dSpace, OAJ, Vireo, and EZProxy
- Knowledge of Shibboleth single sign-on implementation
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Foster a positive working environment and model the Libraries’ Guiding Principles (https://libraries.uta.edu/about/brand/understanding/mission-vision-guiding-principles) through daily actions and behaviors
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of application administration practices
- Demonstrate mastery in utilizing APIs and custom scripts
- Show a strong understanding of data structures including JSON
- Possess expert-level proficiency in resolving application issues
- Possess a thorough understanding of authentication protocols such as Shibboleth, SAML, and LDAP
- Possess analytic and problem-solving skills and demonstrated aptitude for technical analysis
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Work in a team-based environment and manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Excel in a “perpetual beta” environment with frequent change and intelligent risk-taking
Our future colleague will also have an affinity for our Guiding Principles. These principles define HOW we do our work. These are our Guiding Principles exemplified through how we treat our colleagues:
We Care. We care about you, your success, your growth, your passions and all that you bring to the table.
We Empower. We empower our staff to be creative, think outside the box, work autonomously, and provide resources necessary for success.
We Take Ownership. We take ownership of our organizational culture and YOU take ownership of how our culture is shaped.
We Are Extraordinary. We are extraordinary because we attract and hire extraordinarily talented individuals like you!
APPLY NOW – We can’t wait to welcome you to our team.
Please submit applications at https://uta.peopleadmin.com/postings/25014
UTA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation. A criminal background check will be conducted on finalists. The UTA is a tobacco free campus.