|January 17, 2024
|Los Angeles, California
|Minimum Compensation in Local Currency
|Maximum Compensation in Local Currency
|Hourly or Salary?
The Getty Conservation Institute (GCI) is looking for a thoughtful and detail-oriented Administrative Project Manager to perform moderately complex administrative project management work. Work will include managing functions for the GCI, including developing and maintaining administrative procedures, records management, as well as the planning, initiation, and/or completion of projects; monitoring the progress and schedule of projects; and communicating with management.
This job will be based in our office at the Getty Center in Los Angeles. It will begin in the office full-time and the opportunity to request a telework schedule may be available after an initial period of training and orientation and will be discussed and approved by your supervisor. Typically, staff with approved telework schedules at the GCI are in the office more than half of the time.
The Getty Conservation Institute (GCI) is dedicated to improving the conservation of the world’s cultural heritage—its art objects, museum collections, historic buildings, and archaeological sites. We are located at the Getty Center in Los Angeles, and our work often takes us to heritage sites across the globe including locations in South America, Asia, and the Middle East, where we work in partnership with heritage professionals from the region. Our staff come from diverse disciplines including architecture, archaeology, conservation, information science, chemistry, engineering, operations and business management, and communications.
You will be an integral part of the GCI Administration department, which supports approximately 100 staff and facilitates the work of the GCI, locally and internationally. Your responsibilities will be to:
• Manage moderately complex administrative projects.
• Coordinate, plan, and evaluate projects using accepted project management methodologies.
• Manage administrative projects to ensure timely completion of work.
• Establish and maintain policies and procedures for administrative areas.
• Oversee training of new hires and GCI administrative staff.
• Review and recommend proposals and bids.
• Compile and distribute project information, project status reports, and project budget expenditures.
• Develop and manage project budgets, schedules, work plans, resources requirements, ad cost estimates and projections.
• May coordinate the work of others.
• As part of the GCI Administration department, you will contribute to planning of departmental goals and priorities, and collaborate with colleagues on departmental activities.
• Your participation in professional development opportunities is encouraged and supported through on-the-job learning, specialized training courses, and participation in professional meetings and workshops.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-5 years of project/process management and subject area experience