|Location||Remote, Alexandria, United States of America|
|Date Posted||November 17, 2021|
|Minimum Compensation in Local Currency||$45,000|
|Hourly or Salary?||Salary|
Job Type: Full-time
Remote Work: 100%
Location: United States (Interested parties who live outside the US are encouraged to contact IIPC to discuss their eligibility to apply for this position)
The International Internet Preservation Consortium (IIPC) is seeking a full-time administrative staff member to support the IIPC Senior Staff member and the Executive Board in the day to day management of the Consortium, and in the organization and delivery of events including the annual Web Archive Conference and General Assembly. This position will also provide administrative support to the Steering Committee of the IIPC.
Established in 2003, IIPC is a membership organization dedicated to improving the tools, standards and best practices of web archiving while promoting international collaboration and the broad access and use of web archives for research and cultural heritage. Web archiving is the process of gathering up data that has been published on the World Wide Web, storing it, ensuring the data is preserved in an archive, and making the collected data available for future research. The WARC archival standard, the Heritrix crawler, and the WARC analytic tools are all products of IIPC working groups and projects and initiatives, and they make up the standard tools for archival web capture around the world.
Program and Communications Support
This position will involve a range of administrative tasks that will support the overall program management and communications of the IIPC. The IIPC administrative staff member will:
- Manage the calendar of meetings for the Executive Board, Steering Committee and Portfolios of the IIPC.
- Arrange call details (for remote meetings) or liaise with hosts for meetings at IIPC member organizations.
- Work with Senior Staff and Executive Board, prepare agendas and documents for meetings, and circulate to attendees.
- Record minutes for Steering Committee meetings and other meetings as needed.
- Provide administrative support for Portfolios and Working Groups of IIPC as advised by Senior Staff Member, such as arranging call details for remote meetings and support for communications.
- Provide support for communications related to calls for funding proposals. Respond to member inquiries and collate bid documents submitted.
- Provide support to Senior Staff Member in monitoring project outputs.
- Provide support for Consortium membership including responding to member inquiries, escalating questions to Senior Staff Member as required, preparing and tracking membership invoices (with support of CLIR).
- Provide support for the communication channels of the IIPC, e.g. proofreading for blog posts and website content, updating member profiles on the IIPC website, monitoring the IIPC Twitter activity.
- Support Senior Staff Member in implementation of a communications plan.
The IIPC hosts a number of events for members and for a wider web archiving community. This position will directly support and enable the successful coordination and running of virtual and in-person events. The IIPC administrative staff member will:
- Organize registration and promotion of events to members.
- Liaise with speakers to collect presentation material (e.g. slides) and prepare event information.
- Provide support during events as advised by Senior Staff Member. This may include acting as host for online events, and providing support for speakers (including organizing ‘dry runs’).
- Collect and present event feedback, through surveys and reports.
- Prepare recordings of events for loading to the IIPC communication channels (e.g. YouTube).
- Chair events or lead question and answer sessions, as needed.
- organize registration for the annual Web Archive Conference, General Assembly and associated events. Answer member inquiries relating to these events.
- Provide general administrative support for the Program and Organizing Committees of the Web Archive Conference, and the General Assembly, before and during the events, as advised by the Senior Staff Member.
- Liaise with the Conference Host and Senior Staff Member to develop and coordinate a communications plan for the Conference.
Applications should be submitted through the Paylocity platform: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/jobs/Apply/804823
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, and the position will remain open until the role is filled. First consideration will be given to applications received by December, 6 2021. Anticipated start date – by February 1, 2022.
The IIPC is a member-led consortium of libraries, archives and research institutions across the world, with an interest and expertise in preserving information on the web. There will be opportunities to meet members and learn more about web archiving, research using the archived web, and digital preservation practice.
Some international travel may be necessary for the role to attend in-person meetings and events. Expenses for travel will be provided, e.g. standard class tickets and accommodation in conference hotels.
The post holder may sometimes be asked to work outside of core office hours, e.g. to support a call or an online event held with members in another time zone. Requests will be reasonable and agreement will be at the post holder’s discretion. Core office hours will be agreed upon in advance.
The position is fully remote.
The position will be organizationally based at CLIR, and will report to the Chair of the IIPC. CLIR can only accept applications from those who are or will be domiciled in the U.S. by the time of hire. (For a definition of "domicile," which is not the same as "residency," please see https://www.investopedia.com/terms/d/domicile.asp)
CLIR is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. We believe a team that reflects a wide variety of experiences, viewpoints, wisdoms, and backgrounds makes CLIR a healthier, stronger organization, and enables us to increase our impact as we collectively work toward more inclusive and useful information infrastructures. We encourage applications from all those who are qualified and interested, including Black, Indigenous, and other People of Color; individuals with disabilities; veterans; and intersectional individuals.
IIPC may consider applicants based outside the US. Interested parties who live outside the US are encouraged to contact IIPC (email@example.com) to discuss their eligibility to apply for this position.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders
- Strong ability to work effectively within a culturally diverse environment
- Ability to set and follow through on both individual and Consortium priorities
- A willingness to be flexible
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field earned by the date of appointment
- Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office products, Google Suite, WordPress, and online events platforms.
- Experience or education related to Library or Information Science
- Knowledge of web archiving