|Company Location||Middletown, Connecticut|
Reporting to the Caleb T. Winchester University Librarian the Associate University Librarian for Technical and Digital Services works closely with the Senior Library Management Team and serves as the Librarian-in-Charge in absence of the University Librarian.
The Associate Librarian supports Wesleyan University Library’s vision towards providing 21st Century resources and services to a vibrant academic community.
The Associate Librarian has responsibility for the overall administration and coordination of the Library’s technical and digital services, and will play a vital role in helping implement the vision for the future.
- Responsibilities include:
- Supervises, guides, and collaborates with 5 professional and 7 paraprofessional staff to provide excellent service to all library patrons through acquisitions, cataloging, collection development, digital initiatives, and systems
- Leads the division in developing and reviewing policy and workflows to best suit the needs of the 21st century library, in keeping with the goals set forth for the university in Beyond 2020 and the library strategic plan.
- Consults and coordinates with the senior management team on issues that affect the library as a whole.
- Works with the direct reports to set departmental priorities including project management, planning, budget, professional development, data extraction, and personnel.
- Serves on CTW Collections Committee and represents the library in consortial efforts as appropriate
- Seeks and leverages library partnerships in collaborative technology initiatives with Wesleyan Information Technology, the Center for Pedagogical Initiatives and other applicable departments on campus and beyond.
- Serves as the lead contact for technical service & digital vendors ; reviews and negotiates contracts for eResource packages.
- Serves on University committees and works with faculty, staff, and student groups as appropriate
- Maintains current knowledge of trends and changes in the library profession, represents the Library and contributes to the library profession through participation in the work of professional organizations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications :
- Masters in Library and/or Information Science from an ALA accredited institution, and at least 5 years of increasingly responsible professional library management experience in an academic setting or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience with acquisitions, cataloging, collection development, digital initiatives, and/or systems.
- Demonstrated leadership, planning, and organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks with major impact on critical operations of the organization.
- Experience with licenses, contracts, and vendors.
- Strong analytical skills and budgeting experience.
- Ability to work creatively, collaboratively and effectively and to play a leadership role in promoting teamwork, diversity, equality and inclusiveness within the Wesleyan Libraries and the campus.
- A subject Masters degree.
- Familiarity with trends in eResource acquisitions, management and licensing.
- Experience with library technology planning.
- Experience with library digital projects and policies.
Management Competencies: Build effective teams, Direct others, Motivate others, Project management, Staff development
Competencies Decision quality/ judgment, Flexible/receptive to change, Negotiating, Organizational skills, Respects diversity, Results-oriented, Teamwork/collaboration
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please apply here: http://bit.ly/Weslibtech
Any and all offers to external applicants are contingent on the candidate’s completion of a pre-employment background check screening to the satisfaction of Wesleyan University
At Wesleyan University, we are all educators. In this energetic and inclusive community, our talented faculty and staff foster a liberal arts educational experience characterized by boldness, rigor and practical idealism. Genuinely open-minded, intellectually curious and mission-driven, our employees invest their impressive talents in fulfilling careers. In return, Wesleyan offers a broad range of growth and wellness opportunities – comprehensive group insurance plans, fitness incentives, generous paid time off, retirement plans, flexible work schedules and educational benefits, including free employee access to Wesleyan’s Graduate Liberal Studies program and undergraduate tuition reimbursement for dependents of eligible employees.
Campus life affords employees with countless opportunities to experience general-interest, academic, artistic, and athletic events and our advantageous position in central Connecticut provides easy access to Boston, New York and the many other exciting and culturally rich destinations of New England. Few workplaces are like Wesleyan and we welcome your interest in learning more about us.
Wesleyan University is a highly selective private liberal arts university with a student body of 3000 undergraduates and 200 graduate students.
Current job openings at Wesleyan University
- Currently this employer doesn't have any openings.