|Date Posted||December 6, 2019|
Job ID: 2020265
Title: Web Services Coordinator
Rank: Computer Programmer/Analyst 1 (UCP 6)
Area: Library Administration
The UConn Library seeks a collaborative and creative individual for the position of Web Services Coordinator. The ideal candidate possesses a strong user-centered focus and broad knowledge of library services and current technologies to keep the site fresh and forward reaching, creating new and innovative ways the UConn Library can create a quality web experience.
The UConn Library consists of nine different physical locations, including the Health Sciences Library in Farmington, forming the largest public research collection in the state and playing a critical role in the research and teaching mission of the University. The web environment is complex in both variety of user resources and services and in multiple information service platforms, all working seamlessly to serve as the front door to thousands of users each day. As a critical source of information for students, faculty, staff and the community, our web environment aims to be nimble and easy to use for each specific audience need.
This position reports to the Head of Digital Infrastructure Services and serves a vital role in a wide range of web services, both back-end and user-facing, representing pieces of the full lifecycle of our web environment. Responsibilities include information architecture, programming, design, content review, accessibility, and engaging multiple stakeholders and users for feedback, all requiring creativity and strong problem-solving skills.
The Web Services Coordinator contributes to the advancement of the UConn Library through collaboration with colleagues and engagement with Library-wide initiatives. Along with all UConn Library personnel, the successful candidate makes a positive contribution to a culture of inclusion and respect in all interactions within the Library and across the University and exemplifies the UConn Library values of kindness and trust, curiosity and inquiry, equity and inclusion, and having fun.
- Provides guidance on user experience and web services, usability, discovery, and improvements to the site’s information architecture.
- Reviews and implements accessibility across the website, working towards UConn’s digital accessibility initiative.
- Recommends and implements appropriate assessment methods to improve the user experience.
- Coordinates with the Communications & Engagement unit on design, layout, and updating and editing content as needed.
- Supports Communications & Engagement unit in realizing the UConn Library marketing strategy and digital brand presence.
- Works with the Web Steering Committee to plan and implement strategic goals.
- Collaborates closely with Library staff on projects and serves as project manager, including utilization of student assistants/interns to complete tasks.
- Creates and maintains documentation on software, workflow procedures and systems to assure continuity of operations.
- Stays current in emerging technologies/industry trends and applies them into operations and activities.
- Supports site integrations and interoperability of multiple platforms, discovery and display systems, including existing Digital Scholarship and Digital Collections Web applications
Shared Expectations for All Staff
- Participates in planning and actively contributes to Area and Unit priorities, initiatives, and operations through collaboration and cooperation.
- Demonstrates reliable and effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Maintains currency and open communication in ongoing trends and developments related to position responsibilities.
- Works effectively in current office applications, software, and communication tools as set by the UConn Library and University of Connecticut.
- Exhibits appreciation of, sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse working environment, inclusive of social, economic, cultural, ideological, gender, racial, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Performs duties parallel to position responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field with a minimum of one year related experience.
- Expert knowledge of content management systems such as WordPress (plugin / theme development / APIs).
- Proven working experience in programming and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS.
- Strong knowledge of UI/UX web standards and best practices.
- Demonstrated understanding of accessibility standards, including WCAG 2.0 and WAI-ARIA guidelines.
- Strong organization, collaboration, interpersonal, and proactive and creative problem solving skills.
- Excellent customer service skills, with the ability to communicate technical information (both written and oral) to all audiences in a supportive and meaningful way.
- 2-4 years’ experience working in WordPress environments.
- Experience with project management.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Google Analytics.
- Demonstrated commitment to building and supporting diversity and inclusion.
- Experience with writing for the web.
Employment at UConn and Appointment Terms
UConn is one of the top public research universities in the nation, with more than 30,000 students pursuing answers to critical questions in labs, lecture halls, and the community. Knowledge exploration throughout the University’s network of campuses is united by a culture of innovation. An unprecedented commitment from the state of Connecticut ensures UConn attracts internationally renowned faculty and the world’s brightest students. A tradition of coaching winning athletes makes UConn a standout in Division l sports and fuels our academic spirit. As a vibrant, progressive leader, UConn fosters a diverse and dynamic culture that meets the challenges of a changing global society.
The main 4,400-acre campus is set in a university town located in the rural heart of Connecticut; approximately a half hour’s drive from Hartford, 90 minutes from Boston, and 3 hours from New York. Storrs offers New England village charm, with outstanding recreational facilities and open space initiatives, farm to table agricultural communities, and excellent public schools.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty, and staff. The diversity of students, faculty, and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians, and salutatorians who make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top public research universities.
UConn’s faculty and staff are a critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
This is a full-time position based in Storrs, Connecticut. The University offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits, including employee and dependent tuition waivers at UConn and a highly desirable work environment. Salary is dependent upon education, qualifications, and experience.
Applications must be submitted online using UConn Jobs at http://www.jobs.uconn.edu, Staff Positions, (Reference search #2020265) and include a cover letter, detailed resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Nominations and inquiries should be sent in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. To ensure full consideration, inquiries and applications should be submitted by December 15, 2019. Employment of the successful candidate will be contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check. (Search #2020265)
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on December 15, 2019.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp .