|Location||New York, New York|
|Date Posted||August 27, 2019|
The incumbent oversees and supports several high visibility or complexity multi-stakeholder, digital projects produced in partnership with various library units. The Senior Digital Project Manager is responsible for creating project plans, timelines, and resource requirements. The Senior Digital Project Manager will manage the entire project lifecycle of high visibility projects, ensuring delivery of project objectives within the prescribed timeframe and budget. They will provide project management consultations to library staff working on complex self-managed digital projects. This position will aid in designing the evolution of the Digital Project Management unit and mentor the Digital Project Coordinator.
- Provides leadership on assigned projects, directs and/or co-directs the entire lifecycle of an individual project, and shepherds the project through the production process.
- Collaborates with library partners and the Director of Digital Project Management to explore and scope grant projects. Leads pre-proposal project scoping for high complexity and/or visibility projects.
- Serves as the principal liaison with clients on a per project basis and makes presentations to senior leadership, Columbia University stakeholders, and external stakeholders and collaborators.
- Participates in professional development activities and conducts independent exploration of digital projects and technology to advance digital project management services and capabilities.
- Leads library wide workshops on Project Management in conjunction with the Director of Digital Project Management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent related experience required.
- Minimum of 4-6 years related experience.
- Experience in all relevant project methodologies and tools.
- Library experience preferred.
- PMP certification strongly preferred
- Advanced degree preferred