|Location||Morgantown, West Virginia|
|Date Posted||August 8, 2019|
- Master’s Degree from an ALA accredited program
- Knowledge of integrated library systems, relational databases, and online bibliographic utilities
- Experience with cataloging rules (RDA, DACs) and metadata standards/schemas (Dublin Core, EAD, XML, HTML, etc.)
- Knowledge of one or more library subject vocabularies and classification schemes
- Familiarity with programing languages and coding (Python, C++, Ruby, etc.) or willingness to learn
- Ability to retrieve and manipulate database content using SQL or willingness to learn
- Knowledge of linked data best practices and standards (RDF, SPARQL)
- Ability to create and manage projects or willingness to learn
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner, prioritize workload, and work collaboratively
- Experience working in and with integrated library systems, relational databases, and online bibliographic utilities
- Experience with one or more library subject vocabularies and classification schemes
- Experience with programming languages and coding (Python, C++, Ruby, etc.)
- Experience retrieving and manipulating database content using SQL
- Experience with linked data best practices and standards (RDF, SPARQL)
- Experience creating and managing projects
We welcome beginning or early career librarians and anticipate filling this position at the rank of Staff Librarian or Assistant University Librarian. Rank and salary are dependent upon post-MLS experience and credentials.
Please include a cover letter detailing professional experience, curriculum vitae and the names and contact information of at least three professional references. Application review will begin (approximately) on August 26, 2019.
West Virginia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff and students, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, and veterans.