|Location||San Marcos, Texas|
|Date Posted||May 5, 2020|
|Minimum Compensation in Local Currency||$60,000 minimum annual|
|Maximum Compensation in Local Currency||commensurate|
|Hourly or Salary?||Salary|
The University Libraries at Texas State University seeks an Immersion Studio Supervisor. Reporting to the Director of Technology Engagement, this position is responsible for overseeing all operations related to the Immersion Studio within Alkek One.
Alkek One is a hub of technology-focused spaces located on the first floor of the Alkek Library at Texas State University. Our spaces feature a variety of technologies that support the maker culture, immersive reality, time-based media, geographic information systems and digital design. At the core of Alkek One is a social learning network, which fosters the connection between the physical spaces, the community of experts in these technologies, and the foundational concepts and skills that enable students to innovate using the technologies and tools available in those spaces.
The Immersion Studio will provide students, faculty and staff with opportunities to explore the entire spectrum of XR experiences, including virtual reality, augmented reality, mixed reality, cinematic reality, and 360 video.
- Research, recommend, implement and regularly evaluate x-reality technologies and associated Immersion Studio services.
- Effectively manage projects. This includes developing high-level and detailed project schedules, tracking progress against milestones, communicating project status on a regular basis, proactively identifying and managing risks, and ensuring that issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Give workshops to supplement online content for the micro-credentialing program. Facilitate immersion studio demonstrations / workshops by organizing others or doing them personally.
- Collaborate with the Digital Literacy Program Coordinator to identify x-reality skills, workflows and other activities that can be included in the micro-credentialing program. Work with subject matter librarians to curate potential x-reality content to support instruction.
- Supervise direct reports.
- Assist with selection and training of student workers as needed.
- Knowledge of new and emerging x-reality technologies
- Experience using professional game development toolkits or similar integrated development environments
- 3-5 years experience designing, developing and/or deploying x-reality content
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, game design/development, or a relevant field
- Experience delivering workshops on x-reality technologies and/or content creation, especially for audiences in higher education
- Demonstrated ability to perform outreach and create relationships with technology leaders
- Professional experience working in a leadership role
- Experience supervising direct reports
- Demonstrated experience using product data and user experience data to drive changes
SALARY AND BENEFITS: Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Benefits include monthly contribution to health insurance/benefits package and retirement program. No state or local income tax.
BACKGROUND CHECK: Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of a criminal history background check.
The University Libraries advance the teaching and research mission of the University and support students, faculty, staff and the greater community by providing patron‐centered services, comprehensive and diverse collections, individual and collaborative learning environments, innovative technologies, and opportunities to learn, create and discover.Learn more about the Library through our website at http://www.library.txstate.edu/
At Texas State, more than 38,000 undergraduate and graduate students choose from more than 200 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degree programs — from biology to music to business to geography and more.
Apply online at http://jobs.hr.txstate.edu
Texas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Texas State, a member of the Texas State University System, is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.