|Date Posted||October 14, 2019|
The University of Wyoming Libraries seek applicants for a Discovery & Metadata Librarian position. This position reports to the Assistant Dean for Resource Discovery & Management (RDM).
- Provide leadership to ensure access to materials acquired by the libraries and create a streamlined discovery experience for users.
- Monitor trends and best practices in resource description to serve as one of the local resource persons for the libraries during the transition from MARC to linked data.
- Develop and assess efficient workflows for the enhancement of library discovery service. This may include automating processes, workflow modifications, and training colleagues.
- Coordinate ILS record imports and exports and provide training and documentation to collaborating staff. This includes editing MARC and other data before and/or after other processes.
- Coordinate database maintenance and authority control projects, both bulk and manual. Provide training and documentation to collaborating staff.
- Provide training to division personnel on discovery projects.
- Coordinate with colleagues on record acquisition.
- Work with outsourced cataloging and/or authority vendors on configurations, changes, and questions referred by cataloging staff. Provide training and documentation to collaborating staff.
- During the transition phase from MARC to successor standards, this position may assist with MARC cataloging and/or other discovery record formats.
As a member of the library faculty, the successful candidate is expected to pursue an active and ongoing program of research, service and professional development. (http://www.uwyo.edu/generalcounsel/_files/docs/UW-Reg-7-631.pdf.). This position reports to the Assistant Dean for Resource Discovery & Management.
This position is open until filled. We will begin screening applicants on October 28, 2019.
- ALA-accredited MLS, MLIS, or equivalent
- Minimum of one year of professional experience in cataloging and bibliographic record manipulation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
- Experience with MARC, RDA, LCC, OCLC, and related tools.
- Experience with integrated library systems, /library management systems, or library services platforms.
- Knowledge of MarcEdit or a related tool for manipulation of MARC records
- Academic library experience
- Knowledge of additional MARC data manipulation tools
- Knowledge of linked data
- Project management experience
Complete the online application and upload the following for a complete application: cover letter, resume or C.V. and contact information for four work-related references.
UW is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position, please call 307-766-2377 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.