|Date Posted||October 21, 2020|
|Education Requirements||Masters in MLIS or equivalant|
|Minimum Compensation in Local Currency||$54,000|
|Hourly or Salary?||Salary|
|Pay Grade||67, https://www.uwyo.edu/hr/_files/docs/classification-compensation/pay-matrix-fy2019.pdf|
The University of Wyoming invites diverse applicants to consider our employment opportunities. We are also especially interested in candidates who have experience working with diverse populations and/or diverse initiatives.
Assistant Librarian - Digital Scholarship Librarian
The University of Wyoming Libraries invites applications for a Digital Scholarship Librarian in the Education & Research Services division. The Digital Scholarship Librarian is a key member of a brand-new Digital Scholarship Center, an initiative developed under the UW Libraries 2018-2022 Strategic Plan. This position is an opportunity for a flexible self-starter to design and implement new projects and services for undergraduate, graduate, and faculty researchers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership for open scholarship, open education, scholarly identities, and research metrics
- Coordinate open-access publishing at University of Wyoming Libraries
- Collaborate closely with library and university faculty and departments to identify opportunities for open scholarship.
- Lead open educational resource (OER) initiatives and supervise the open textbook grant program for all UW faculty
- Coordinate with library systems staff and university IT to support digital platforms related to student and/or faculty scholarship
- Provide training on open scholarship for librarians, staff, faculty, and students, including outreach to Community College librarians and administrators
This position reports to the Chair of Digital Collections. UW Libraries are committed to building a culturally diverse workplace and strongly encourage applications from minority candidates, candidates with disabilities, and those with experience working in a multicultural environment. Diversity resources for the University of Wyoming and the community of Laramie can be found at uwyo.edu/diversity/resources/. For more information on UW Libraries, please visit uwyo.edu/libraries
- ALA-accredited Master of Library Science, Master of Information Science, or equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with librarians, faculty, and staff
- Demonstrated knowledge of open publishing and open educational resources
- Demonstrated interest and enthusiasm for open access publishing
- Willingness to learn new technologies both independently and in team settings
- Knowledge of best practices for open access, copyright, licensing and accessibility
- Experience supporting faculty and students with scholarly consultation services
- Experience providing instruction, research consultation services, and/or workshops in an academic library
- Experience with content publishing and hosting platforms (e.g. Open Journal System, DSpace, Islandora, Figshare, etc.)
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
Complete the online application and upload the following for a complete application: cover letter, resume or C.V. and contact information for four work-related references. Please ensure that any applicable documents related to this application are marked RELEVANT in the application process. Incomplete applications may not be considered.
This position will remain posted until filled. Complete applications received by November 12, 2020 will receive full consideration.
UW is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position, please call 307-766-2377 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.